The password protection feature on the hosting account will protect the content at the folder-level; it does not protect single pages, unless the pages are in the protected folder. For information on how to setup password protection for your account, please perform the following steps:
Step A: Creating a “members” folder
- Access your dashboard by going to http://panel.ihostnetworks.com
- Login with your domain name and password
- Click on the Website Control Panel icon under Services
- Click on the File Manager icon under Hosting
- Click the httpdocs folder
- Press the Add New Directory icon at the top
- Type in “Members” (without the quotes), press OK
Step B: Assigning username and passwords
1. While you are still logged into the website control panel, at the top of the page, click the Home link
2. Click on the Web Directories icon under Hosting
- Click the “Members” folder
- Press the Protection tab
- Click the Add New User icon
- Assign a new username and password to the user, press OK
- Press Logout
Note: Repeat Step 6 for additional users.
Step C: Uploading your members content
Using your web editing software, upload your members content into your ftp://yourdomain.com/httpdocs/members/ folder.
When you are done uploading your should be able to go to http://yourdomain.com/members/, and see a username / password prompt. First enter incorrect credentials to ensure the content is secure. If it does not let you in, enter the correct credentials to see your content.
Note: Once you login, a cookie may be placed on your computer, so the next time you access the members area, you may not see a login page.