How to get a FedEx meter number
To setup real-time shipping using FedEx, you will need setup an account and obtain the meter number. This article will show you how to do this.
STEP 1: Sign up for a developer’s account
Go to FedEx and sign up for an developer’s account here.
STEP 2: Log in to FedEx
Use the user ID and password obtained, log in here:
STEP 3: Find Application Form
Click on Technical Resources
Then click on “FedEx Web Services for Shipping”
Then click on “Move to Production”
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Obtain Production Key”
STEP 4: Fill Out the Application
Verify and use the following answers
- Do you intend to resell your software? NO
- Please check the box next to each type of FedEx web services you intend to use in your integration solution: FedEx Web Services for Shipping (includes Rate, Track, etc.)
- Please indicate whether you are developing your FedEx integration solution as a Corporate Developer or as a Consultant. – Corporate Developer
Accept the terms
Fill in Your Company info.
Click Continue, Continue.
STEP 5: Get Meter Number
And there is your FedEx meter number
STEP 6: Save it in the e-Store
1. Log in to your e-Store control panel
2. Go to Settings > Shipping Methods > FedEx Settings
3. Enter your FedEx meter number you obtained from the FedEx website
4. Press the "Save Change" button underneath the FedEx Account Number, as shown below:
And that’s it!