The e-Store will allow you to setup custom shipping tables based upon how much the customer spends. This option is only suggested if you have similar weights for the products you are selling. If your product's weight varies greatly, and you use the "Custom - By Price" shipping method for your e-Store, you may take a loss when shipping your products. If you are comfortable using this shipping method, please do the following to set this up:
Creating the Shipping Table
1. Log into your e-Store Control Panel
2. Select the Settings tab
3. Select Shipping Methods from the category bar to the left
4. Press the New button
5. Under Name, Enter a display name that your customers will see. For example, you may want to enter "Value Based Shipping"
Note: If you do not change the name, you customers will see "New Ship Method" in the checkout window, and they will be unsure what this means.
6. In the Type drop-down menu, select "Custom - By Price"
7. Press the Edit button on the first line, as shown below:
8. Enter the amount you want to charge for shipping
Note: By default, you should leave the initial value for "When order total is greater than" to 0.
9. Press Update
10. Press the New Level button to add a new level
11. Press Edit next to the new level
12. Enter your new values, then press Update
Note: Under "When order total is greater than", only rounded integer values are accepted. This means, 5.95 or $5.95 are not valid entries.
13. Continue to add new levels until you have setup your shipping tables
Below is an explanation of the shipping tables in the above example.
Customer spends $0.01 - $6.00 = Shipping charges of $5.00
Customer spends $6.01 - $12.00 = Shipping charges of $7.95
Customer spends $12.01 - $20.00 = Shipping charges of $9.95
Customer spends $20.01 - $50.00 = Shipping charges of $15.00
Customer spends $50.01 - $100.00 = Shipping charges of $20.00
Customer spends $100.01 or more = Shipping charges of $35.00
14. When you are done, press the Save Changes button
Adjust Price By
With "Adjust Price By", you can tack on an extra dollar amount or percentage of the shipping cost to the final shipping total. This is effectively a per order handling fee.
For example, if a customer would normally get a shipping total of $35.00, and you had adjusted the price by $10, their new shipping total would say $45.00.
Removing Unneeded Shipping Methods
If you have any extra shipping methods present under the Shipping Methods section, you will want to press the Delete button to the right of it.
If you don't remove any extra shipping methods, customers may click on the option at checkout, and perhaps get free shipping if you have not configured it.